Who Are We?
Makeway is a creative agency with offices in Rochester, NY and Columbus, OH. We generate intelligent solutions that makes a difference for our clients every day. It doesn’t matter if we’re designing a logo, developing brand strategy, launching an award-winning website, or executing a full-blown, soup-to-nuts ad campaign—our clients get nothing short of our A-game. Always.
Check out https://makeway.is to get a feel for our work and company culture.
What Are We Looking For?
As a web developer, you play a critical role by providing insights at the beginning of the project and then eventually helping bring it to life. We need a problem solver and critical thinker who is strong in their craft, organized, and collaborates well.
Every member of our team is expected to think big, push creative limits, and always keep the creative solution at the forefront…because if we’re not making a difference, what’s the point?
- Assisting the team in scoping out projects. What’s possible? How difficult is it? What are the barriers to it working well?
- Keeping your cool and working with the team to solve problems
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate the broad mechanics of the technical process when needed
- Strong experience with CodeIgniter is a plus. But if you’re not familiar, please demonstrate that you can “get up to speed” quickly
- Comfortable working with various inputs of data (API’s, XML feeds, etc)
- Interest in learning and exploring new techniques/languages/frameworks/solutions. The web changes daily, so we must stay nimble.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Mostly Photoshop, so you can export designs. But if you’re familiar with other Adobe apps, that’s great!
- Familiarity with Sketch is a plus
- Good understanding of Google Analytics
These are the bare-minimum requirements and chances are you know more than what’s listed here. That’s great – time to show off a bit! Tell us your skills AND how comfortable you are with them (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 4-5 years of related experience
Where Do I Apply?
Email [email protected] with your past experience, why you’d be a good fit for this position and when you can start.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.