06.08.23 - Marketing
Unleashing the Power of Discovery Sessions: A Game-Changing Partnership
Establishing a unique and memorable brand has become crucial. With countless companies vying for consumers’ attention and loyalty, it’s essential to define your brand’s identity and positioning in a way that sets you apart from the crowd. However, the process of problem-solving and decision-making internally can be a complex, frustrating, endeavor.
Enter the discovery session.
What is Discovery?
The discovery process involves a series of workshops aimed at reviewing your digital presence and overarching brand, strategizing to address your unique needs, and charting a course for your future. You can think of it as a compass for guiding you in the vast digital ocean.
Before embarking on a discovery session, it’s essential to understand whether it’s the right fit for your brand, what the process entails, and what you stand to gain.
Who Should Consider Discovery
Discovery sessions can be beneficial for a wide range of organizations, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, and from those with a clearly defined problem to those struggling to make heads or tails. At Makeway, we’ve assisted a diverse set of clients, including:
- A Project Manager at a Large Institution who couldn’t pinpoint what they needed. In this opportunity-based discovery session, Makeway helped the team weigh their options and establish a game plan perfectly suited to their needs.
- A Marketing Director at a Mid-Size Company who had a clearly defined goal but lacked a concrete plan for achieving it. In this goal-oriented discovery session, Makeway identified UX design as an investment that would be needed to help grow e-commerce sales.
- A Small Business Owner who knew it was time for a brand refresh. In this brand-specific discovery session, we guided the organization through a deep discussion about its core mission.
Whether you’re planning a new website, touchscreen, or digital tool, or you’re looking to refresh your brand but lack a clear roadmap, a discovery session can provide the clarity and direction you need.
Whether you’re planning something new or looking for a refresh, a discovery session can provide the clarity and direction you need.
How Discovery Sessions Work
At Makeway, our discovery process is led by our Strategy Team and includes:
- Deep research into your existing brand, mission, and values, as well as your customers and industry
- An analysis of strategic challenges and opportunities through interactive workshops.
We’ll use Miro boards to collaborate with you and identify:
- The purpose behind what your organization does
- Your core values
- Your unique competitive advantages
- A vision of where you’re headed
- Your audience
- A final deliverable with suggestions for how best to move forward, organized based on specific needs with a clear scope for future initiatives
Why Discovery Sessions are Valuable
With discovery sessions, you can establish brand guidelines and implement those in practice, influence your marketing strategies, establish KPIs, and adjust your approach to websites, touch screens, and other digital tools.
The outcomes of a discovery session are tangible and actionable. You’ll walk away with:
- Written insights and recordings from workshops
- Access to Miro boards
- A document with Makeway’s suggestions for moving forward, formatted based on your specific needs.
A Game-Changing Partnership
Ambiguous challenges around your brand or digital strategy can feel like navigating uncharted waters, but you don’t have to go it alone. A third party like Makeway brings a unique perspective and valuable experience to find the best way forward.
Regardless of the reason you choose to do it, a discovery session will help provide clarity on your brand, digital experience, or strategy. It’s a valuable exercise in and of itself and, what’s more, it can be an important first step toward your next transformative project.
To see if an accessible and efficient discovery session is right for you, reach us at [email protected].